Lee Elementary School

1948 The new Lee Elementary School opened in the fall of 1948, with Mr 0. B. Aftreth as its first principal. Over the next 28 years the war babies and the post-war baby boom were … Read more

Robbins Answers the Final Summons

1910 Census 765 (a 4% increase since 1900) The decade of the “teens” showed continued growth of our small village. Another church, a new bank, a P.T.A., concerts, a new band stand, a bath house, … Read more

Bloberger and Brimhall

1896 The February 22, 1904, issue of the Robbinsdale Park Progress gave tribute to a pioneer, George L. Brimhall, who died on September 17, 1896. In 1876 he purchased a farm of 160 acres on … Read more

The Smoldering Seminary

1895 The new year brought a great loss to the village in the destruction of the Lutheran Seminary building by fire on January 11, 1895. It was a severely cold, windy disagreeable day and the … Read more