The Eastern Star Also Rises
1921 Because the wives of the Masons who belonged to Compass Lodge #265 A.F. & A.M. decided they, too, should have an organization, Robbinsdale Chapter #238, Order of the Eastern Star, was started in 1921 … Read more
Robbinsdale Historical Society
Sharing Your Past To Build Our Future
1921 Because the wives of the Masons who belonged to Compass Lodge #265 A.F. & A.M. decided they, too, should have an organization, Robbinsdale Chapter #238, Order of the Eastern Star, was started in 1921 … Read more
1920 Census 1,369—a 79% increase since 1910 The decade of the “twenties” is remembered by many as the very best decade of their lives. The war to end wars was over and times were booming … Read more
1919 The Security Bank was incorporated December 16, 1918, opening for business January 16, 1919, in the same one-story building which had housed its predecessors, two banks which were once described by Mrs. Stillman as … Read more
1918 On January 19 Mr. J. Bloberger, Hall Custodian, reported “his supply of wood and coal was running short and he didn’t know if he could get any more” so the Council instructed him … Read more
1917 During the World War of 1917 and 1918, Robbinsdale’s growth was at a standstill. As in other wars, Robbinsdale furnished a generous share of soldiers. The first contingent to leave the village in a … Read more
Civil War veteran, farmer, politician, and businessman Jay Elijah Nash was born on March 29, 1843, in Hadley, Massachusetts. At the age of 18, he enlisted in the Union with Company D of the 27th … Read more
1915 In 1914 under the auspices of George 0. Johnson, Arthur L. Jones and J. H. Morse, many money-raising events were held for a bandstand for Robbinsdale Civic Club Band. These included events such as … Read more
1914 The November 1, 1914, Minneapolis Tribune describes the new through street-car service just inaugurated. ‘It leaves Hennepin and Sixth Street and arrives thirty minutes later in Robbinsdale, at the end of a 3800-foot … Read more
1913 In 1913 Parker School, built in 1890, was no longer adequate for over 200 pupils. Fourteen thousand dollars in bonds were issued to add four additional rooms to the front of the original school … Read more