Our Parker School House
On September 16, 1889 a community meeting was held to consider a new schoolhouse. The voters of the district later appropriated the huge sum of $10,000 to build the school. Ground was broken on March … Read more
Robbinsdale Historical Society
Sharing Your Past To Build Our Future
On September 16, 1889 a community meeting was held to consider a new schoolhouse. The voters of the district later appropriated the huge sum of $10,000 to build the school. Ground was broken on March … Read more
John B. Johnson homesteaded 160 acres at what is now 36th Avenue North and Douglas Drive. He came from Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1854. He was the first treasurer of Crystal Village. He and his … Read more
The Minneapolis streetcar went only as far north as the intersection of Penn Avenue North and 32nd Avenue.The only way for people north of there was to get a ride to the stop by horse … Read more
Graeser Park History: 1940-2021 Robbinsdale’s Rock Garden Roadside Parking Area was the last and largest of seven parks built in 1939-1940 along Highway 100. It was renamed Graeser Park in honor of Minnesota highway engineer … Read more
In order to safeguard the health of our members and our community, the Robbinsdale Historical Society museum has been closed for sometime, but we reopened with some restrictions on Friday, April 2nd. Here’s the plan: … Read more
The Hotel Georgia Was erected by C. T. Griffith at a cost of $7, 000. It was located where Wuollet‘s Brauns Bakery is now. Started in August of 1890, they moved in November 18, 1890. … Read more
Dr. Donald G. Colp was one of Robbinsdale’s prominent citizens. He vas born in Nova Scotia. He graduated from then Fargo, North Dakota College and Yale Divinity School in 1897. He served churches in New … Read more
Charles Schuller, started in the Farm Machinery business with Mr. Garrett in Swift’s Old building on April 30, 1897. He was born and raised on a farm in Crystal. After 1iving elsewhere for a while … Read more
A little wooden building erected in August of 1889, opened for business the last of November. It was owned and operated by George Swift, who was our postmaster off and on. Our post office was … Read more